A map can be moved from one SRF file to another by opening both files and copy/pasting the map from one SRF file to another. To do this:
- Open both Surfer files in the same Surfer window.
- Select the Map object you wish to move (in addition to any linked objects you want to copy with it) and click Home | Clipboard | Copy.
- Click to the other plot tab.
- Click Home | Clipboard | Paste. to paste it. This will paste the entire map with all axes and layers exactly as it is formatted in the original file.
- If you are pasting into a project that already contains maps, you may need to overlay them using the Map Tools | Map Tools | Overlay Maps command.
- Why Do I Get Surfer Warning "Can't Save Linked Object By Itself. Unable To Render GS_Surfer Format" When I Copy And Paste?
- How Can I Merge Two Surfer SRF Files?
Updated August 2020