To move a map layer from one SRF file to another, simply open both files and copy/paste:
- Open both Surfer files in the same Surfer window.
- If the map you wish to move has a linked object (like a scale bar, legend or color scale) and you do not want to copy those items over, delete them. If they exist, but are not copied with the map, a "Can't save linked object by itself" Surfer Warning will occur when you try to copy the map.
- Select the map you wish to move (in addition to any linked objects you want to copy with it) and click Ctrl+C to copy it.
- Click to the other plot tab.
- Click Ctrl+V to paste it. This will paste the entire map with all axes and layers exactly as it is formatted in the original file.
- If you deleted a linked object, you can now add it back to one or both projects.
- If you are pasting into a project that already contains maps, you may need to overlay them using the Map Tools | Map Tools | Overlay Maps command.
Updated March 6, 2018