This article contains a sample script for creating two line/scatter plots on the same graph and altering the properties of one.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below, or click here to download the BAS file: Two Line Plot Graph.BAS.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12\Scripter.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True Dim Plot As Object Set Plot = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) Dim Shapes As Object Set Shapes = Plot.Shapes Dim LinePlot As Object Set LinePlot = Shapes.AddLinePlotGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat") LinePlot.AddLinePlot(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat", 1, 3) Dim ScatterPlot As Object Set ScatterPlot = LinePlot.Plots.Item(1) ScatterPlot.symbolFreq = 1 ScatterPlot.symbol.Index = 38 ScatterPlot.symbol.size = 0.35 ScatterPlot.symbol.color = RGB(255,0,0) ScatterPlot.symbol.lineColor = grfColorBlue ScatterPlot.line.style("invisible") End Sub
Updated October 28, 2016