This article contains a sample script for creating two line/scatter plots on the same graph and altering the properties of one.
To run this script:
- Click here to download the BAS file: Two Line Plot Graph.BAS:
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon (
) in the Script Manager.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True Dim Plot As Object Set Plot = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) Dim Shapes As Object Set Shapes = Plot.Shapes Dim LinePlot As Object Set LinePlot = Shapes.AddLinePlotGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat") LinePlot.AddLinePlot(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat", 1, 3) Dim ScatterPlot As Object Set ScatterPlot = LinePlot.Plots.Item(1) ScatterPlot.symbolFreq = 1 ScatterPlot.symbol.Index = 38 ScatterPlot.symbol.size = 0.35 ScatterPlot.symbol.color = RGB(255,0,0) ScatterPlot.symbol.lineColor = grfColorBlue ScatterPlot.line.style("invisible") End Sub
Updated January 18, 2018