This article contains a sample script for creating a text object and replacing the text with new text.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below, or click here to download the BAS file: text_example.bas.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12\Scripter.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
Option Explicit Sub Main Dim grfApp, doc, txt1 As Object Set grfApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") grfApp.Visible = True Set doc = grfApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) Set txt1 = doc.Shapes.AddText(3,4,"initial text") txt1.Font.size = 24 txt1.Font.color = grfColorBlue txt1.text = "new contents" End Sub
Updated October 28, 2016