This article contains a sample script for selecting an object in an open existing GRF file and renaming it.
To run this script:
- Click here to download the BAS file: SelectAndRenameObject.BAS.
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon ( ) in the Script Manager.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True Dim Docs Set Docs = GrapherApp.Documents(1) Dim Plot As Object Set Plot = Docs.Shapes
'Selects the first two objects in the plot window Plot.Item(1).Select Plot.Item(2).Select
'Deselects the first object in the plot window Plot.Item(1).Deselect
'Loops through objects 3-8, selecting each one-at-a-time For i=3 To 8 Plot.Item(i).Select Next i
'Renames the first object "Test" Plot.Item(1).Name="Test"
'Changes the line color of the first object to blue Plot.Item(1).line.foreColor=grfColorBlue End Sub
Updated January 18, 2018