This article contains a sample script for selecting an object in an open existing GRF file and renaming it.
To run this script:
- In Grapher, open or create the file you wish to run this script on.
- Copy the script below, or click here to download the BAS file: SelectAndRenameObject.BAS.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12\Scripter.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True Dim Docs Set Docs = GrapherApp.Documents(1) Dim Plot As Object Set Plot = Docs.Shapes
'Selects the first two objects in the plot window Plot.Item(1).Select Plot.Item(2).Select
'Deselects the first object in the plot window Plot.Item(1).Deselect
'Loops through objects 3-8, selecting each one-at-a-time For i=3 To 8 Plot.Item(i).Select Next i
'Renames the first object "Test" Plot.Item(1).Name="Test"
'Changes the line color of the first object to blue Plot.Item(1).line.foreColor=grfColorBlue End Sub
Updated October 28, 2016