This article contains a sample script for creating a line/scatter plot and using clipping to limit the symbols shown.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below, or click here to download the BAS file: NULL criteria.BAS
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 13\.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon ( ) in the Script Manager.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True Dim Docs As Object Set Docs = GrapherApp.Documents Dim Plot As Object Set Plot = Docs.Add(grfPlotDoc) Dim Shapes As Object Set Shapes = Plot.Shapes Set Graph = Shapes.AddLinePlotGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat") Dim ScatterPlot As Object Set ScatterPlot = Graph.Plots.Item(1) ScatterPlot.symbolFreq = 1 ScatterPlot.symbol.Index = 38 ScatterPlot.symbol.size = 0.35 ScatterPlot.symbol.color = RGB(255,0,0) ScatterPlot.symbol.lineColor = grfColorBlue ScatterPlot.Clipping.UseCriteria = True ScatterPlot.Clipping.UseNullCriteria = True ScatterPlot.Clipping.AddNullRange(8,12) End Sub
Updated September 24, 2018
Please sign in to leave a comment.