This article contains a sample script for opening an existing GRF file and editing an existing legend.
To run this script:
- Click here to download the BAS file: Legend_existing.BAS.
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon ( ) in the Script Manager.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True file$ = GetFilePath$(,"grf;gpj",,"Open",0) Set plot = GrapherApp.Documents.Open(file$) Dim Shapes As Object Set Shapes = Plot.Shapes Set Graph1 = Plot.Shapes.Item ("Graph 1") Dim Legend As Object Set Legend = Graph1.Legends.Item(1) n=Legend.EntryCount For i = 1 To n Legend.EntryFont(i).face = "Times New Roman" Legend.EntryFont(i).color = grfColorGreen Legend.EntryFont(i).Bold = True Legend.EntryFont(i).Italic = True Legend.EntryFont(i).size = 18 Next i End Sub
Updated January 16, 2018