This article contains a sample script for creating a high-low-close plot and changing its properties.
To run this script:
- Click here to download the BAS file: hi-low-close.BAS.
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon ( ) in the Script Manager.
Sub Main 'Declare the variable that references the application Dim GrapherApp As Object 'Creates an instance of the Grapher Application object 'and assigns it to the variable named "GrapherApp" Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") 'Make Grapher visible GrapherApp.Visible = True 'Declare Docs Plot, Shapes, Graph1, and HighLow as Object Dim Docs, Plot, Shapes, Graph1, HighLow As Object 'Assigns the Documents collection to the variable named "Docs" Set Docs = GrapherApp.Documents 'Creates a new plot window and assign it to the variable named "Plot" Set Plot = Docs.Add(grfPlotDoc) 'Assigns the AutoShapes collection to the variable named "Shapes" Set Shapes = Plot.Shapes 'Adds a high-low-close graph and assigns it to the variable named "Graph1" Set Graph1 = Shapes.AddHighLowGraph(GrapherApp.Path + "\samples\hilo.dat") 'Assigns the high-low-close graph to the variable named "HighLow" Set HighLow = Graph1.Plots(1) 'Return the display type Debug.Print "Display type = "; HighLow.DisplayType 'Set the display type as candlesticks HighLow.DisplayType = grfDisplayCandlestick 'Return the fill object for the "Up fill style" and sets the color to green HighLow.UpFill.PatternName("Diagonal Cross") HighLow.UpFill.foreColor(grfColorGreen) End Sub
Updated January 16, 2018