This article contains a sample script for creating a line/scatter plot and a drawn rectangle.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below, or click here to download the BAS file: Rectangle.BAS.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12\Scripter.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True Dim Docs As Object Set Docs = GrapherApp.Documents Dim Plot As Object Set Plot = Docs.Add(grfPlotDoc) Dim Shapes As Object Set Shapes = Plot.Shapes Set Graph = Shapes.AddLinePlotGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat") Set Rectangle = Shapes.AddRectangle( 2, 5, 7, 2) Rectangle.line.style = "Dash Dot Dot" Rectangle.line.width = 0.05 Rectangle.line.foreColor = grfColorRed 'Rectangle.line.foreColor =RGB(255,0,0) End Sub
Updated October 28, 2016