To convert a SHP file (or other file with external supporting files) and keep the georeferencing and attribute information:
- Upload your SHP file by clicking and dragging it into the conversion box or clicking the Browse button and selecting it.
- Verify the Import Format is set to Vector - SHP ESRI Shapefile.
- Choose the Export Format.
- In the Options column, click the Import Options icon .
- Toggle External Reference File for the Coordinate System, then choose the reference file (PRJ, GSR, etc.) and click Open.
- Upload any additional external files (DBF, SHX, etc.) by clicking and dragging them into the External Files box or clicking the Browse button and selecting them.
- Click OK to close the Import Options dialog.
- In the Options column, click the Export Options icon .
- Set the Coordinate System and other export options for your output file.
- Click OK to close the Export Options dialog.
- Click the Convert button.
- Confirm your options and click Confirm.
- If the converted file(s) didn't download automatically, click to the My Files tab, select the converted files, and click Download.
Updated October 25, 2016