This article contains a sample script for creating a graph from a multiple sheet XLS file and adding a new curve from a different sheet in the same XLS file.
To run this script:
- Download the attached multiple_sheet.xls and put it in Grapher's Samples directory.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the green arrow Start/Resume icon in the Script Manager.
Sub Main 'Initialize Grapher Dim Grapher As Object Set Grapher = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") Grapher.Visible = True Set Plot1 = Grapher.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) 'Create line plot graph Plot1.Shapes.AddLinePlotGraph(Grapher.Path + "\Samples\multiple sheet.xls!Sheet1",1,2) Set Graph1 = Plot1.Shapes.Item(1) Set LineScatterPlot1 = Graph1.Plots.Item(1) 'Add line plot to graph Graph1.AddLinePlot(Grapher.Path + "\Samples\multiple sheet.xls!Sheet2",1,2,"X Axis 1","Y Axis 1") Set LineScatterPlot2 = Graph1.Plots.Item(2) 'Add line plot to graph Graph1.AddLinePlot(Grapher.Path + "\Samples\multiple sheet.xls!Sheet3",1,2,"X Axis 1","Y Axis 1") Set LineScatterPlot3 = Graph1.Plots.Item(3) End Sub
Updated October 12, 2018