This article contains a sample script for creating a line/scatter plot and printing to Adobe Distiller.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below, or click here to download the BAS file: Line Symbol Print PDF.BAS.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12\Scripter.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True Set Plot = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) Set LineGraph = Plot.Shapes.AddLinePlotGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat") Dim LinePlot As Object Set LinePlot = LineGraph.Plots.Item(1) 'Printout 1 Dim PlotLabels As Object LinePlot.Labels.ShowLabels = True Plot.SaveAs "Plot1.grf" Plot.PageSetup.printer="Acrobat Distiller" Plot.PrintOut(grfPrintFitToPage) 'Printout 2 LinePlot.Labels.ShowLabels = False Plot.SaveAs "Plot2.grf" Plot.PageSetup.printer="Acrobat Distiller" Plot.PrintOut(grfPrintFitToPage) End Sub
Updated October 28, 2016