|KB no longer maintained - MapViewer is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Many of MapViewer's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.|
Q. All of my Golden Software fonts (GSI default symbols, north arrows and many others) have disappeared. Do you know what might have happened and how I can get them back?
A. It sounds like the GSI fonts did not install properly to begin with, or were removed. To (re)install the fonts on your computer:
- Close any running Golden Software program.
- Download the attached GSI_Fonts3.zip file and extract the TTF files included in this ZIP to your hard drive.
- Copy the TTF files to your Windows Fonts directory, C:\Windows\Fonts (you may need Administrator rights to install them).
- Once the files are extracted to this directory, Windows should automatically install them for use with your programs. If your computer says the fonts are already installed and asks if you want to replace them, say Yes.
- Open MapViewer and the GSI fonts should be available.
Updated Mar 20, 2018