Changing the grid spacing or number of nodes to increase the grid resolution is one of the most common adjustments made during gridding. The sample script below shows how to do this using the xSize and ySize parameters of the GridData method.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below, or download the attached BAS file: GridSpacing.bas.
Note: If you're running Surfer 12 or an earlier version, download GridSpacing_S12.bas.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Surfer.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press DELETE.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Change the values in the User-defined variables section as desired.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
'===================================================== 'GridSpacing.bas '===================================================== 'Creates a GRD file with user defined grid spacing. 'This script is for only Surfer 13 and later. Surfer 12 and earlier did not have the grid spacing option. '===================================================== Sub Main 'Gets the existing Surfer instance. If Surfer isn't open, it opens it. On Error GoTo createnew Set SurferApp = GetObject(, "Surfer.Application") On Error GoTo 0 GoTo skipnew createnew: Set SurferApp = CreateObject("Surfer.Application") SurferApp.Visible = True skipnew: '===================================== 'User-defined variables '===================================== 'Specifies the file path where the data file to grid resides path1 = "c:\program files\golden software\surfer 16\samples\" 'Specifies the data file infile1 = path1+"demogrid.dat" 'Specifies the file to save the output grid to outfile1 = path1+"demogrid.grd" 'Specifies the grid spacing gridspacing = 0.1 '===================================== 'Creates a plot document window Set Plot = SurferApp.Documents.Add 'Grids the data SurferApp.GridData4(DataFile:=infile1, xSize:=gridspacing, ySize:=gridspacing, Outgrid:=outfile1) 'Creates a contour map Plot.Shapes.AddContourMap(outfile1) End Sub
Updated December 2021
Please sign in to leave a comment.