This article contains Grapher sample script that shows how to create a graph with line plots and bar charts and export to a JPG file.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below, or click here to download the BAS file: composite export.BAS.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12\Scripter.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
Sub Main 'Declares GrapherApp as an object Dim GrapherApp As Object 'Creates an instance of the Grapher Application object 'and assigns it to the variable named "GrapherApp" Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") 'Makes Grapher visible GrapherApp.Visible = True 'Declares Plot as an object Dim Plot As Object 'Creates a plot document in Grapher and 'assigns it to the variable named "Plot" Set Plot = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) 'Declares Graph as an object Dim Graph As Object 'Creates a graph and assigns it to the 'variable named "Graph" Set Graph = Plot.Shapes.AddLinePlotGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat") 'Declare LinePlot as an object Dim LinePlot As Object 'Set LinePlot to the first line plot on the "Graph" graph Set LinePlot = Graph.Plots.Item(1) 'Add line plot from columns A/C Graph.AddLinePlot(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat",1,3) 'Shorten Y Axis 1 Graph.Axes.Item("Y Axis 1").length = 3 'Add new Y Axis Set YAxis2 = Graph.AddAxis(grfYAxis) 'Shorten Y Axis 2 YAxis2.length = 3 'Set axis position YAxis2.PositionAxis(grfPositionRightTop, "Y Axis 1") 'Add Bar Chart using Y Axis 2 Graph.AddBarChart(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat",1,4, ,"Y Axis 2") 'Export to JPG Plot.Export(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.jpg") End Sub
Updated September 22, 2016