This article contains Grapher sample script that shows how to create a graph with line plots and bar charts and export to a JPG file.
To run this script:
- Click here to download the BAS file:composite export.BAS.
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon () in the Script Manager.
Sub Main 'Declares GrapherApp as an object Dim GrapherApp As Object 'Creates an instance of the Grapher Application object 'and assigns it to the variable named "GrapherApp" Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") 'Makes Grapher visible GrapherApp.Visible = True 'Declares Plot as an object Dim Plot As Object 'Creates a plot document in Grapher and 'assigns it to the variable named "Plot" Set Plot = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) 'Declares Graph as an object Dim Graph As Object 'Creates a graph and assigns it to the 'variable named "Graph" Set Graph = Plot.Shapes.AddLinePlotGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat") 'Declare LinePlot as an object Dim LinePlot As Object 'Set LinePlot to the first line plot on the "Graph" graph Set LinePlot = Graph.Plots.Item(1) 'Add line plot from columns A/C Graph.AddLinePlot(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat",1,3) 'Shorten Y Axis 1 Graph.Axes.Item("Y Axis 1").length = 3 'Add new Y Axis Set YAxis2 = Graph.AddAxis(grfYAxis) 'Shorten Y Axis 2 YAxis2.length = 3 'Set axis position YAxis2.PositionAxis(grfPositionRightTop, "Y Axis 1") 'Add Bar Chart using Y Axis 2 Graph.AddBarChart(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.dat",1,4, ,"Y Axis 2") 'Export to JPG Plot.Export(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\tutorial.jpg") End Sub
Updated October 8, 2018