To create a bar chart graph, where each bar is a different color (determined by a color table):
- Click here to download the BAS file: Bar Chart - MultiColor.BAS.
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon () in the Script Manager.
Sub Main 'This script shows how to create two bar charts and make them adjacent to each other 'Declares objects Dim GrapherApp, Plot, Graph, BarChart1 As Object 'Creates an instance of the Grapher Application 'object and assigns it to the variable named "GrapherApp" Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") 'Makes Grapher Visible GrapherApp.Visible = True 'Creates a plot document in Grapher and assigns 'it to the variable named "Plot" Set Plot = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) 'Create a bar chart and graph Set Graph = Plot.Shapes.AddBarChartGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\bar chart orientations.dat",,,) 'Assign the bar chart to the object name BarChart1 Set BarChart1 = Graph.Plots.Item(1) 'Set the bars to use only rows 1-10 BarChart1.AutoLastRow = False
BarChart1.LastRow = 10 'Set the bar fill to the default color table BarChart1.UseColorTable = True 'Turns off the axes titles
Graph.Axes.Item(1).title.text = ""
Graph.Axes.Item(2).title.text = ""
'Sets a custom x axis maximum value
Graph.Axes.Item(1).AutoMax = False
Graph.Axes.Item(1).Max = 10.5
Updated August 2019