This article contains Grapher sample script that shows how to create a bar chart graph, add a second adjacent bar chart, and change some properties.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below, or click here to download the BAS file: Bar Chart-Adjacent.BAS.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12\Scripter.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- If you copied this script, press Ctrl+V to paste it into Scripter. If you downloaded it, click File | Open, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
Sub Main 'This script shows how to create two bar charts and make them adjacent to each other 'Declares GrapherApp as an object Dim GrapherApp As Object 'Creates an instance of the Grapher Application 'object and assigns it to the variable named "GrapherApp" Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") 'Makes Grapher Visible GrapherApp.Visible = True 'Declares Plot as an object Dim Plot As Object 'Creates a plot document in Grapher and assigns 'it to the variable named "Plot" Set Plot = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc) 'Declares Shapes as Object Dim Shapes As Object 'Assigns the AutoShapes collection to the 'variable named "Shapes" Set Shapes = Plot.Shapes 'Declares BarChart as Object Dim BarChartGraph As Object 'Create a bar chart and graph Set BarChartGraph = Shapes.AddBarChartGraph(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\bar chart orientations.dat",,,) 'Add a second bar chart to the graph BarChartGraph.AddBarChart(GrapherApp.Path+"\samples\bar chart orientations.dat",,3,) 'Assign the first bar chart to the object name BarChart1 Set BarChart1 = BarChartGraph.Plots.Item(1) 'Set the bars to use only rows 1-10 BarChart1.AutoLastRow = False BarChart1.LastRow = 10 'Change the first bar chart to blue fill BarChart1.Fill.foreColor(grfColorBlue) 'Make the bar charts adjacent BarChart1.Stacked=False End Sub
Updated September 22, 2016