On May 13, 2015 Microsoft released a series of updates, including the Windows KB3045171 and KB3057110 security updates. These two updates contained a bug which caused a GsDraw error when attempting to create maps or graphs containing symbols, open files containing symbols, or draw symbols.
Our programmers were able to isolate the cause for the recent GS Draw error (1): GenericError messages to the method that draws symbols to create graphs and maps in Golden Software programs. We have applied a fix to work around this bug in our current programs, but for older programs, Microsoft released a patch shortly after the update to fix the bug. To apply this fix:
- In your web browser, navigate to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3065979.
- Scroll down to the Method 2: Microsoft Download Center section and click the Download the package now. link next to your operating system to download the patch.
Note: in the world of Microsoft, x86 means 32-bit.
- Choose your language and then click the red Download button.
- Click on the MSU file to run the installer.
- Once the installation is complete, reboot your machine to see the fix applied.
Updated: September 22, 2016