- Close Grapher completely.
- Open a Windows Explorer window.
- Navigate to the Grapher installation folder (by default this is C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12).
- Right-click on the gsio.ini file and click Copy.
- Right-click anywhere in the window and click Paste. This is a backup copy of the file. Save this file.
- Open the original gsio.ini file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
- In the bottom half of the file, in the [ExportFilters] section, highlight the entire line for the format you want to be the default export format.
- Cut the row using the Edit | Cut command. Be sure to delete any blank lines that may appear.
- At the top of the [ExportFilters] section, paste the row using the Edit | Paste command. The default option is listed at the top.
- Continue rearranging the export formats as desired, being sure not to remove or duplicate any information. For example, if you most commonly export to JPG, vector PDF, and EMF files, the top of your [ExportFilters] section may look like:
jpg = "JPG JPEG Compressed Bitmap", ioJpeg, ExportJPEG, I, *.jpg *.jpeg
pdfv = "PDF (Vector)", ioPdf, ExportVecPDF, 2, *.pdf
emf = "EMF Windows Enhanced Metafile", ioEmf, ExportEMF, 2, *.emf
- Save and close the file and restart Grapher.
Grapher 12 automatically saves the last format and uses it the next time. So, if you don't want to change the gsio.ini file using the above directions, simply click File | Export and export to the desired format. The next time you export a graph, it will use this format.
Updated December 11, 2017