Dialog boxes sometimes disappear from view. Grapher may seem as if it is not responding, yet if you click your screen, you may hear a beep. Only part of the dialog may be visible. Or, your dialog may be visible be can’t be moved or resized. When this happens, the dialog is most likely outside the current monitor’s viewing range.
There are three ways to return the program to the default window layout when this happens:
Option 1: Use the Reset Windows command.
In many of our current programs, there is a command to restore the windows to their default locations. Click View | Display | Reset Windows, then close and reopen Grapher program. All windows should be visible again.
Option 2: Move the dialog with keystrokes.
If you expect a dialog to appear and see nothing, press ALT+SPACEBAR on the keyboard. This activates the pop-up menu for the dialog. Press M to Move the dialog. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the dialog into view. This may take several tries, as the dialog can be to the left, right, above, or below the existing Grapher window.
Option 3: Edit the registry.
Since altering the registry incorrectly can cause the program to not run correctly or the machine to not boot, it is highly advised that this procedure be used by expert users only. Please be very careful when using this method.
- Close Grapher.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In the Search programs and files area, type regedit and press ENTER on the keyboard. This will open the Registry Editor.
- Click on the HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Software | Golden Software | Grapher | 15 folder.
- Press the DELETE key on the keyboard or click Edit | Delete.
- Click Yes in the Confirm Key Delete dialog.
- Close the registry editor.
- Open Grapher, as normal. The dialog positions and all default settings will be reset.
Updated May 2023