There is not a direct way to smooth a line in Grapher, but there is a workaround. You can add a spline smoothing fit curve to the plot, and then either turn off the visibility of the original plot, or export the fit curve data. You can use then plot the fit curve data.
To add a spline smoothing fit curve:
- Select the Line/Scatter Plot.
- On the Plot page of the Property Manager, click the Add/Edit button next to Fits.
- In the Fits dialog, select Spline smoothing from the Available fits dropdown list.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
- If necessary, select the Fit curve and adjust the Spline tension factor and/or Number of points in the Property Manager.
- If desired, uncheck the Line/Scatter Plot in the Object Manager to make it invisible.
- To export the fit data, select the Fit, and click the Graphs | Plot | Export Data command.
If you'd like an automatic way to smooth a line plot, please contact us.
Updated September 30, 2016