- Create the 3D graph first by clicking the Home | New Graph | Line/Scatter | XYZ Line/Scatter Plot command ().
- Select the XYZ data file and click Open. This file should have three columns of numeric or date/time data.
- Make any changes to the graph, as desired.
Create the base 3D graph with any properties you want.
- Click XYZ Line/Scatter Plot in the Object Manager to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click the Plot tab.
- Scroll down to the 3D Settings section.
- In the Drop Lines section of 3D Settings, check the box next to the desired drop line you want to add to the graph. Vertical drop lines create a line between each point and the X axis. Horizontal drop lines create a line between each point and the Y axis. Z drop lines create a line between each point and the back wall of the graph.
- In the Projection Lines section of 3D Settings, check the box next to the desired wall projection you want to add to the graph. The Back projection adds a line that compares the X and Y values. The Side projection adds a line that compares the Z and Y values. The Bottom projection adds a line that compares the X and Z values. Multiple projection lines can appear on the same graph.
- Click the + next to the Projection line properties to set the line style, color, opacity, and width for the projection. All projection lines have the same properties.
The final graph shows the projections on the appropriate walls.
Display 3D wall projections on your graph, comparing three of the variables.
Updated April 2023