Grapher allows you to save your data file with dates and times. If your date and times change to numbers or text when you reopen the file, you may be saving to a format that does not support date and time in the worksheet. The BLN format is one of these formats. If your data is saved to a BLN file, you should follow these steps to change it to a format that does support date/time:
- Click the File | Open command in Grapher.
- Select the BLN file and click Open.
- Highlight the column that is supposed to be date/time format.
- Click the Cells | Data | Text to Number command to convert any text to numbers.
- Click the Cells | Format | Format Cells command.
- In the dialog, select Date/Time and set the Date/Time format. Click OK.
- Click the File | Save As command.
- Change the Save as type to DAT Data (*.dat), XLS Excel Spreadsheet (*.xls), or XLSX Excel 2007 Spreadsheet (*.xlsx). Type a new File name and click Save.
The data will now be saved in a format that supports date/time format in the worksheet. You may need to update your graphs to point to this new file.
Updated September 30, 2016