Grapher allows multiple variable bar charts to be stacked, adjacent, or a combination of stacked and adjacent. To create a multi-variable graph that shows all bar charts for each category as adjacent or side-by-side, you can use these steps:
- Click the desired Home | New Graph | Bar command.
- Select the data file and click Open. The first bar chart is created.
- In the Object Manager, click the Bar Chart to select it.
- In the Plot tab of the Property Manager, verify that the Y variable column is assigned correctly.
- Click Create in the New plot field until a bar has been added for each variable.
- Click Stacked in the Stacking field and select Adjacent.
- Adjust the other bar properties as desired.
- If the bars do not display as adjacent, click on the Bar Groups tab.
- Expand the Bar Charts section, and assign the same Group to each bar chart.
Once all the bars are in the group, your graph will look something like:
Make sure all bars are in the same
group in Bar Groups to place the bars side-by-side.
Updated September 28, 2018