Method 1: Add a graph background:
The first method uses a graph background to add a box right at the edges of the axes. To add the graph background:
- Click on the Graph object in the Object Manager to select the graph.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Line tab.
- Change the Style in the Background Line section to a solid line.
- Change the Color in the Background Line section, if desired. The line is now displayed at the edge of the graph.
This graph shows bar charts and a graph background line.
If you want the box filled, continue onto these steps:
- Click the Fill tab.
- Change the Pattern to the desired fill pattern.
- Change the Foreground color to the desired color.
This graph shows bar charts and a solid filled graph background.
Method 2: Draw a rectangle:
This method allows the box to be located where ever you want it to be. To draw a rectangle:
- Click the Home | Draw | Area | Rectangle command in the ribbon.
- Click on the top left corner where the box should be located.
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag the rectangle to the desired size.
- Release the left mouse button and the rectangle is added.
- Press ESC on the keyboard to end drawing mode.
This graph shows bar charts and a drawn rectangle around the graph.
To change the line or fill properties, click on the Rectangle 1 in the Object Manager. If you fill the rectangle, you will likely want to click the Layout| Move | To Back command to place it behind the graph.
This graph shows bar charts and a filled rectangle around the graph.
Updated July 22, 2019
Please sign in to leave a comment.