In the Download Online Maps dialog, the Lat/Long extents are automatically entered for the existing map only if the map you are adding to has a coordinate system already specified.
For example, if you have a map already created:
- Select Map in the Contents window.
- Click the Coordinate System tab in the Properties window. Note if there is a coordinate system defined for the map or not.
- Click Home | Add to Map | Layer | Base from Server.
- In the Download Online Maps dialog, under Select Area to Download, the default option depends if a coordinate system was defined for the original map or not.
- If there was a coordinate system, then Specify Latitude/Longitude extents option is selected by default and the current map extents are automatically entered.
- If no coordinate system was defined for the map, then Entire data source extents is selected by default.
Updated November 11, 2017