In Surfer, the feature editing tools (aside from reshape) are only available while in edit mode. To enable these commands on the Features tab, select an object in the base layer and then click Features | Group | Start Editing.
- Create a base map (Home | New Map | Base | Base).
- Select a vector file (i.e. a DXF, SHP, MIF, GSI, etc) and click Open.
- Select a feature in the base layer (i.e. a polyline or polygon) and note that most of the commands on the Features tab are disabled.
- Right-click over the Base layer in the Contents window and click Start Editing.
- Now you can select the feature in the base layer and the appropriate commands on the Features tab are enabled.
- When finished editing the features, do not forget to right click over the Base layer in the Contents window and click Stop Editing.
Updated November 13, 2018