Both of these commands exports to DXF, SHP and text files (DAT/TXT).
File | Export will export all objects (or all selected objects) in a plot window, and Map Tools | Layer Tools | Export Contours will export only the contour lines themselves.
- Map Tools | Layer Tools | Export Contours is useful if you want a file containing only the data for the contour lines. You could export this data easily without having to turn off extra layers, axes, or other objects. This is also useful if you want a 3D SHP file, where each vertex in the SHP has a Z value associated with it instead of a Z value for each line feature.
- File | Export is useful if you want a file containing text labels, line colors, or other objects in addition to the Z value. For example, to export a color filled contour map to a SHP file with Z values saved to the DBF for each contour polyline (or a 3D DXF), use File | Export.
- How can I export a 3D DXF file from Surfer containing the X, Y, and Z coordinates of my contour lines?
- How can I export a contour map from Surfer to a 3D DXF file and display it in AutoCAD in 3D?
- Can you give me some examples of the SHP files exported from Surfer?
- How can I export contours to an XYZ data file from Surfer?
Updated September 11, 2017