Surfer 5 and 6 SRF files are no longer supported by Surfer. To convert this file to a format that can be read, please open and resave it in either Surfer 7, 8, 9 or 10. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To convert these old files so you can open them in newer versions of Surfer, email us the SRF files and any data files they use, and we will send you back the converted files. If the files are too large to email, please zip them and upload them here. If you upload the files to our Sharefile account via the previous hyperlink, please also email us to let us know that the files are there.
Alternatively, if you have an older version of Surfer between Surfer 8 and 10, you can open the old files in that version and resave them. If you have many files, you can use this script instead of manually opening and resaving the files:
- Download the attached ConvertALL_oldSRF.BAS script file.
- Open the script in Scripter.
- Change the line: file_directory = "C:\Temp\" to the desired directory that contains your SRF files.
- Change the line: Shell "C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Surfer 10\Surfer.exe" to the appropriate version of Surfer, if needed.
- Click the Script | Run command. New SRF files are created in the same directory with _S10 appended to the file names. These files can be opened in the current version of Surfer.
Updated November 26, 2019