When this happens, first try using the View | Managers | (manager type) to force the window to reappear. If that doesn't work, there are three ways to return the program to the default location for the manager layout:
Method 1: Click View | Reset Windows. You will need to close and reopen the program for the change to take effect. All manager windows should again be visible.
Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the program. This may reset the registry items to the defaults, including the manager positions.
Method 3: Edit the registry. Since altering the registry incorrectly can cause the program to not run correctly or the machine to not boot, it is highly advised that this procedure be used by expert users only. Please contact Golden Software for more information on this method.
- Close Didger.
- Go to the Windows Start Menu, type regedit into the search bar, and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- The Registry Editor dialog will appear.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Golden Software\Didger.
- Delete the "5" key.
- Click Yes in the Confirm Key Delete dialog.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Didger, as normal. The managers and all default settings will be reset.
Updated September 29, 2016