Didger can convert data between many different coordinate systems, including UTM and Lat/Long. To use Didger to convert UTM data to Lat/Long data, please follow the steps below.
- Import the data file using File | Import.
- When the Define Import Options dialog opens, select the appropriate data import options, such as defining which fields of data are the X coordinate and Y coordinate data.
- Click the Import button and the Assign Coordinate System dialog opens.
- Set the Coordinate Space Type to Projected and expand the coordinate system tree to UTM (Predefined | Projected Systems | UTM).
- Select the Datum and Zone in which your UTM coordinates are located
- Click OK. Your data will display in the plot window.
- Go to Map | Change Projection and expand the coordinate system tree to Predefined | Geographic.
- Select the datum to specify the Lat/Lon coordinate system.
- Click OK and the data will appear in Lat/Long.
- Go to File | Export and select DAT as the file type. This will export the data in Lat/Long.
Updated: September 28, 2016