|KB no longer maintained - Didger is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. The majority of Didger's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.|
Didger can convert data between many different coordinate systems, including UTM and Lat/Long. To use Didger to convert UTM data to Lat/Long data, please follow the steps below.
- Import the data file using File | Import.
- When the Import Data File dialog opens, select the appropriate data import options, such as defining which fields of data are the X coordinate and Y coordinate data.
- Click the Import button.
- In the Assign Coordinate System dialog, set the Coordinate Space Type to Projected and expand the coordinate system tree to UTM (Predefined | Projected Systems | UTM).
- Expand the datum or region your coordinates were collected in (i.e. WGS84 or North America), and then choose the coordinate system for the appropriate zone.
- Click OK. Your data will display in the plot window.
- Click Map | Change Projection and expand the coordinate system tree to Predefined | Geographic (lat/lon).
- Select the appropriate datum (i.e. World Geodetic System 1984).
- Click OK and the data will appear in lat/long.
- Click File | Export.
- In the Export dialog, set the Save as type to DAT Golden Software Data (*.dat). Give your file a name and click Save.
- Click OK in the Data Export Options dialog, and the new file with lat/long coordinates is created.
Updated December 14, 2018
Please sign in to leave a comment.