|KB no longer maintained - Didger is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. The majority of Didger's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.|
To reduce the number of points in a polyline in Didger, you can:
- Resample the polyline
- Select the line.
- Click Draw | Resample Polyline.
- In the Resample Polyline dialog,
- Select your resampling direction.
- Enter your starting, ending, and increment values.
- Uncheck Create New Line.
- Click OK.
- Thin the polyline
- Select the polyline.
- Click Draw | Thin and Smooth.
- In the Line Thinning and Smoothing dialog,
- Choose one of the four thinning/smoothing options in the Select Method section.
- Enter the desired Removal Rate.
- Click Preview to get a look at the result without closing the dialog, or click OK to accept the settings and close the dialog.
Updated July 16, 2018
Please sign in to leave a comment.