You can break contour lines that cross faults while keeping the fault in tact in Didger by creating line intersections and then reconnecting the fault polylines:
- Digitize the fault and all the contours as whole polylines, using a unique Primary ID for each fault polyline such as "fault1", "fault 2", etc.
- Use the Draw | Edit Boundaries | Create Line Intersections command in Didger. That will break the polylines at every junction.
- Now to join the fault polylines back together, the first thing would be select all the polyline segments for one fault using Edit | Criteria Select and selecting all objects with a Primary ID = fault1
- Connect all the selected polyline segments by using the Draw | Edit Boundaries | Connect Polylines command.
- Repeat steps 3-4 for each fault you have.
Updated October 12, 2016