|KB no longer maintained - Didger is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. The majority of Didger's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.|
You can break contour lines that cross faults while keeping the fault in tact in Didger by creating line intersections and then reconnecting the fault polylines:
- Digitize the fault and all the contours as whole polylines, using a unique Primary ID for each fault polyline such as "fault1", "fault 2", etc.
- Click Edit | Select All.
- Click the Draw | Edit Boundaries | Create Line Intersections command in Didger. This command will break the polylines at every junction.
- Click Edit | Criteria Select.
- In the Criteria Select dialog, enter the name of your first fault in the Value field and then click Select. This will select all of the polylines associated with your first fault.
- Click Close in the Criteria Select dialog.
- Click Draw | Edit Boundaries | Connect Polylines command.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for each fault you have.
Updated July 31, 2018