|KB no longer maintained - MapViewer is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Many of MapViewer's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.|
- Turn off print spooling.
- Change the print mode to "raster" or "bitmap" to reduce the printer memory requirements.
- Change the printer driver to use the computer's memory instead of the printer's memory.
- PostScript drivers often require more memory than non-PostScript drivers for the same printer. Change drivers if possible and test the print results.
- Check for other compatible printer drivers in your printer documentation. For example, the HP LaserJet 4 driver could be used with the LaserJet 5 printer.
- Enable the Page Protect mode if available.
- Verify the version of your printer driver and possibly update it. For example, the HP DesignJet 750C driver version 4.33 requires 80% less memory than version 4.11
- Turn off View | Redraw | Auto Redraw to free up additional memory.
- Resample the bitmaps in a graphics program (Corel Draw, Paint Shop Pro, PhotoShop) to reduce the number of pixels and color depth in the bitmaps.
If the remedies above do not help, please contact email@example.com with the exact nature of the problem, your operating system (i.e. Windows 10, 64-bit), the printer model, and the print driver version number.
Updated January 2, 2019