|KB no longer maintained - MapViewer is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Many of MapViewer's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.|
Greek symbols can be displayed by selecting one of the available Unicode fonts available in MapViewer. Text objects and labels can be displayed using any TrueType font on your system. You can either use a Windows included font, such as Symbol, or you can use any Unicode font that contains the Greek characters. To add Greek characters in a text object:
- Click the Draw | Text command.
- Click on the plot window where the text should appear.
- In the Text Editor, select the font from the list at the top left. For instance, you could select Symbol.
- Type the text in the edit portion of the window. The text will be displayed using the selected font.
Type the text directly into the Text Editor.
- When all text has been added, click OK. The text appears in the plot window.
Updated September 6, 2018