If you make a choropleth (hatch) map based on area objects, the areas will normally be given a fill color. If the choropleth map is based on curve objects, then there is nothing to fill.
If you have confirmed that the objects are areas:
- Select the Hatch Map layer in the Object Manager.
- On the Map page in the Property Manager, verify that the Draw type in the General section is set to Area.
- Click the Edit button next to the Classes field in the Classes section.
- In the Data Classes dialog, double click on any box under the Fill column. Verify that the Fill Pattern is Solid, the Foreground color is specified correctly, and the Foreground opacity is 100%. Click OK.
- Repeat the previous step for each class.
- Verify that the class values cover your entire data range without gaps, then click OK to exit the Data Classes dialog and apply the changes.
Updated October 10, 2016