Yes, instead of data ranges you can have other text shown in the legend.
- Click on the Hatch Map layer in the Object Manager.
- On the Map page in the Property Manager, click Edit next to the Classes field in the Classes section.
- Edit the Name column for each class to be the text you want displayed in the legend, then click OK.
- Select your legend if you already have one, or click Map | Add | Legend if you don't already have one.
- In the Layer tab of the Property Manager, in the Labels section, check the box to Use class name. This will display your custom class names in the legend instead of the class ranges.
Updated October 10, 2016