|KB no longer maintained - MapViewer is a Legacy Product. Legacy Products are still supported, but no longer receive new features or updates. Many of MapViewer's features have been moved to Surfer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.|
- Click on the object to select it. If there are more objects, hold CONTROL or SHIFT and click them in the Object Manager. Alternatively you can click and drag your mouse on the page to multi-select objects.
- In the Info tab of the Property Manager, select the desired ID from the ID List dropdown list.
- Check the box next to Show ID.
To show labels from the linked data for a thematic map:
- Click on the map layer in the Object Manager.
- In the Data Labels tab of the Property Manager, check the box to Show data labels.
- In the Label Sets section, click the Add button, select your desired label column, and click Add.
- If desired, change the Label set to the default column and click the Remove button.
- To remove any of the labels, click the Start button next to Move/edit labels. Double click on a label and check the box next to Don't draw data string in the Label dialog. Click OK.
Note: you can add data labels to a base map by right clicking on the map layer and clicking Create Data Labels. The first step will be to select a data file to use for the labels, but after that the rest of the process (from step 2 onward) is the same.
Updated June 29, 2018