- Click on the object to select it. If there are more objects, hold Ctrl/Shift and click them in the Object Manager. Alternatively you can click and drag your mouse on the page to multi-select objects.
- In the Info tab of the Property Manager, select the desired ID from the ID List dropdown list.
- Check the box next to Show ID.
To show labels from the linked data for a thematic map:
- Click on the map layer in the Object Manager.
- In the Data Labels tab of the Property Manager, check the box to Show data labels.
- In the Label Sets section, click the Add button, select your desired label column, and click Add.
- If desired, change the Label set to the default column and click the Remove button.
- To remove any of the labels, click the Start button next to Move/edit labels. Double click on a label and check the box next to Don't draw data string in the Label dialog. Click OK.
Note: you can add data labels to a base map by right clicking on the map layer and clicking Create Data Labels. The first step will be to select a data file to use for the labels, but after that the rest of the process (from step 2 onward) is the same.
Updated October 6, 2016