Grapher contains a template graph file. Template graphs have a .GRT extension. To create a template, follow these steps:
- Create a graph with all of the settings you wish to use for future graphs such as the number of decimal places on tick mark labels, axis labels, graph titles, line colors, etc.
- Click the File | Save As command.
- In the Save As dialog, select Plot Template (*.grt) in the Save as type field.
- Type in a File name for the template.
- Click the Save button and the template is created.
To use the template to create new graphs, follow these steps:
- Click the File | New | Plot from Template command.
- Select the .GRT template file and click Open.
- Select the worksheet and click Open.
- Make any changes to the graph, as desired.
- To save the graph, click the File | Save As command.
- In the Save As dialog, select Grapher File (*.grf) or Grapher Project (*.gpj) in the Save as type field.
- Type in a File name for the new Grapher file.
- Click the Save button. This saves a new graph with the data and all of the formatting from the original template.
- Click the File | Export command to export the graph to a wide variety of formats for use in other programs.
Note that the Grapher .GRF file or the Grapher .GPJ project file will not update if the template changes.
Updated September 29, 2016