In the Grapher program, when the fill color is changed, the pattern is automatically changed. In a script, both the pattern and color must be set separately. So, in addition to setting the ForeColor property, it is also necessary to set the object's fill Pattern property. The example below creates a rectangle and sets the rectangle fill to a solid blue.
To run this script:
- Click here to download the BAS file: Fill_Color_and_Fill_Pattern.BAS
- Click Automation | Scripts | Run, select the BAS file from your downloads directory, and click Open.
- Copy the script below.
- Open Grapher and turn on the Script Manager by clicking View | Display | Script Manager.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines in the Script Manager and then press DELETE.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Script Manager.
- Click the Start/Resume icon () in the Script Manager.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True
'Create a new plot window Set Plot1 = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc)
'Create a rectangle Set Rectangle1 = Plot1.Shapes.AddRectangle(2,5,5,7)
'Set the Fill pattern and foreground color Rectangle1.Fill.SetPattern("Solid") Rectangle1.Fill.foreColor = grfColorBlue End Sub
Updated October 11, 2018