In the Grapher program, when the fill color is changed, the pattern is automatically changed. In a script, both the pattern and color must be set separately. So, in addition to setting the ForeColor property, it is also necessary to set the object's fill Pattern property. The example below creates a rectangle and sets the rectangle fill to a solid blue.
To run this script:
- Copy the script below.
- In a Windows Explorer window, navigate to C:\Program Files\Golden Software\Grapher 12\Scripter.
- Double click on Scripter.exe to launch Scripter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the existing lines then press Delete.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste the script into Scripter.
- Click Script | Run to run the script.
Sub Main Dim GrapherApp As Object Set GrapherApp = CreateObject("Grapher.Application") GrapherApp.Visible = True
'Create a new plot window Set Plot1 = GrapherApp.Documents.Add(grfPlotDoc)
'Create a rectangle Set Rectangle1 = Plot1.Shapes.AddRectangle(2,5,5,7)
'Set the Fill pattern and foreground color Rectangle1.Fill.SetPattern("Solid") Rectangle1.Fill.foreColor = grfColorBlue End Sub
Updated July 7, 2016