A reduced major axis (RMA) fit method was added as a predefined fit method with the release of Grapher 13. To add this type of fit to your plot in Grapher 14 and newer versions:
- Click on the Line/Scatter plot in the Object Manager to select it.
- Click Home | Add to graph | Fit Curve. By default, a linear fit will be applied.
- Click on the Linear Fit in the Object Manager to select it.
- In the Property Manager, click on the Plot tab.
- Change the Fit type field to RMA.
To add this type of fit to your plot in Grapher 13:
- Click on the Line/Scatter Plot in the Object Manager to select it.
- Click on the Plot tab in the Property Manager.
- Click Add/Edit in the Fit curve field.
- In the Fits dialog, click in the Available Fits field and select Reduced Major Axis.
- Click Add.
- Click OK.
Grapher 12 and previous do not support the addition of a reduced major axis regression fit curve. If you'd like to test this new feature with your data, please download the free Grapher trial.
Updated March 6, 2019