First, turn off Auto Track Worksheets. Having this option turned on means that the data is re-read each time a change is made to the graph. This is useful if your data changes often, but can cause graphs with large data sets to slow the redrawing of the graph. When the Auto Track Worksheets option is not checked, you can update the data by clicking the Graph Tools | Worksheet | Reload command.
To turn off Auto Track Worksheets,
- Click the File | Options command.
- On the left side of the Options dialog, click on Plots.
- On the right side of the dialog, uncheck the Auto track worksheets option.
- Click OK.
Second, you can uncheck Auto Redraw. This prevents the plot window from updating until you refresh the screen. To uncheck Auto Redraw:
- Uncheck the View | Redraw | Auto Redraw command.
- To redraw the image, click the View | Redraw | Redraw command or hit F5 on your keyboard.
Updated October 2, 2018