To lighten the surface layer colors, change the surface color to all white and change the lighting angle and color.
- Select the 3D Surface layer in the Contents window.
- In the Properties window, click the General tab.
- Click the button to the right of Upper.
- In the Colormap dialog, select GrayScale from the Presets list.
- Click on the starting node and change the Color to White.
- Click on the Save button to save the color spectrum for future use.
- Click OK in the Colormap dialog.
- In the Properties window, click the Lighting tab.
- Specify a more vertical light position, such as setting Vertical (degrees) to 90.
- Click on the Ambient color box to change the color from black to gray if desired.
- How do I create a shaded 3D surface without colors in Surfer?
- How can I overlay a 3D surface map with another map in Surfer, and see only the colors of the other map but with the shading of the surface map?
Updated October 24, 2017