Use Surfer's Point Sample tool to quickly find the Z value of XY points within the map:
- Click Grids | Calculate | Point Sample.
- In the Input Grid section, either select your grid-based map from the dropdown list, or click the Browse button to navigate to and select your grid file.
- In the XY Data section, either select your post/classed post map from the dropdown list, or click the Browse button to navigate to and select the data file containing your x,y locations.
- In the Data Columns section, verify the X and Y are set to the appropriate columns from the data file.
- At the bottom of the dialog, choose what column of the data file to store the z values in.
- Click OK and a worksheet is opened containing this updated data file.
- Click File | Save or File | Save As to save the changes.
Updated November 2021