The Data Metrics gridding method with the Terrain Slope option calculates the local slope using the specified search parameters. The default search for small data sets uses the entire data set, and so is averaged to the same slope value. Reduce the search radii for more meaningful results and variation in the slope.
To do this:
- Click Home | Grid Data | Grid Data, select a data file and then click Open.
- In the Grid Data dialog, choose Data Metrics as the Gridding Method.
- Click the Advanced Options button to display the Data Metrics Advanced Options dialog.
- In the Grid Data Advanced Options dialog, change Metric to interpolate to Terrain Slope.
- Under Search Neighborhood, uncheck the None (use all data) and specify Radius 1 and Radius 2 values.
- Click OK in the Data Metrics Advanced Options dialog to return to the Grid Data dialog.
- Click OK in the Grid Data dialog, and a grid file is produced using the Data Metrics gridding method with the specified options.
Updated September 18, 2017