Q: How are the default scale and other parameters calculated for the variogram model listed after going to Home | Grid Data | Grid Data, selecting Kriging as the gridding method, and clicking on the Advanced Options button?
A: The default parameters for Slope and Anisotropy are set to 1.
- To model your data and get values for your dataset, click Grids | New Grid | Variogram | New Variogram, select your data file and click Open. Click OK in the New Variogram dialog to create the variogram.
- After the variogram is created, you can transfer the calculated parameters from the variogram to the kriging algorithm using the steps below.
- Click Grids | New Grid | Grid Data, selecting the data file and clicking Open.
- In the Grid Data dialog, select the Kriging gridding method.
- Click the Advanced Options button.
- In the Kriging Advanced Options dialog, click the Get Variogram button to transfer the calculated parameters from the variogram to the kriging algorithm.
- Click OK and OK to create the grid file.
For more information about variograms, please see the Variogram Tutorial in the Surfer Help by typing Variogram Tutorial into the search bar and clicking Search help file. Click Variogram Tutorial in the search results.
Updated February 5, 2017