The default grid resolution defined in the Grid Line Geometry section, in the Output page of the Grid Data dialog.
These fields are calculated as follows:
- 100 grid nodes are assigned to the longest direction.
- The grid spacing is calculated for that direction:
(Maximum-Minimum) / (# of Nodes – 1)
- The same grid spacing is applied to the shorter direction.
- The # of Nodes for the shorter direction is calculated:
((Maximum-Minimum) / Spacing) + 1
- If the # of Nodes in the shorter direction is not greater than 4, then the minimum and maximum values in that direction will be adjusted so that there are at least 4 grid nodes. This means that for data sets where one direction has a vastly different range than the other direction, the grid extents may not exactly match the data extents.
Updated October 2021
Please sign in to leave a comment.